Saturday, July 12, 2008

2008-2009 TAYSHA



The Thirteenth Tale
by Diane Setterfield is a book from the TAYSHA list
This is a story about a haunting past of a distinguished author Vida Winter. She decides to tell her tragic past to a young biographer named Margaret Lea. She lives above an antiquated bookstore and has been around books most of her life. At the end Margaret not only helps Vida confront the ghosts from her past but learns to deal with some of her own. You won't want to stop reading until Vida's secret is revealed.
Since I love mystery, this story had me hanging by the tips of my toes. When Margaret came upon the book in her bookstore called, "The Thirteenth Tale" and discovered that it only contained 12 chapters, it made her and I want to find out why. I was intrigued with Vida Winter's childhood stories and as she came to her death bed towards the end of the story, I was dreading for her to die before she could concluded her life story with the secretive truth Margaret and I were waiting for. I won't spoil it for you so you must read the book to find out!

No comments: