Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Winner of the Odyssey Award for Audiobook

Jazz by Walter Dean Myers, illustrated by his son Christopher Myers is the Odyssey Award for audiobook winner

I really enjoyed reading and listening to this audiobook and am pleased to have bought it. Its poster-like illustrations and vivacious word choices help portray the poems meaning. It begins with a short introduction into the history of Jazz and ends with a glossary of key words and a timeline outlining important dates to remember. The audio and book match perfectly which makes it easy for the reader to follow along nicely.
This is an auiobook I am going to have in my classroom so I can expose my students to another form of music. I know my students will enjoy listening to the music and narrator just as much as I did.

No comments: